Taking Aventon Aventure Bike Touring Setup for PCH

I took the following down the Pacific Coast Highway from SF Bay Area down to Morro Bay.  (Original plan was to LA). 


Equipped with 3 original Aventon Aventure Batteries, 2 original chargers, Ecoflow River Pro, Montek X1000 battery with Ecoflow 160 Watt Solar on Burley Nomad Trailer with rack kit.

Solar goes into one of the battery packs, the battery packs charge up the two batteries inside the trailer, and I swap batteries when it gets low or before a major climb.  Extra battery pack of 1000 Wh was so that my friend can make the distances we were hoping for.

The main issue I had was weight and Aventon's ability to climb hills.  Its weak compared to my friend's Rad Runner.  I got hit with a lot of Code 26 overheat protection issues on the hill climbs so my partner for the ride had to take the trailer off me and pull it up the hill (he had a Radrunner Plus with 1000+ miles on it).  Basically he was going up the hill with all my gear faster or as fast as I was on my stock Aventon at PAS 5 and me pedaling as fast as I could.

I was very disappointed in my climbing and pulling ability after this.  (I only had 160 miles or so on my bike before I took the trip).

I will be posting more about my ride later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Aventon Aventure

Got my Burley Nomad Cargo Trailer from REI Labor Day Sale

How I Transport the Aventon Aventure